Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by allan juul <al...@muly.dk> on 2006/04/06 16:39:56 UTC

wait for hook script still not fixed ?

hi

according to the changes doc [1] for release 1.3.1 the problem with
waiting hooks should have been fixed:

* fixed: don't wait for hook script background jobs (r18146)

this seem not to be the case on windows 2003 server on our set up with
apache 2.0.54. which means we completely have to still disable the
post-commit hook actions.

can anyone confirm (or the contrary) this ?

./allan

[1] http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/1.3.1/CHANGES

Re: wait for hook script still not fixed ?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 4/9/06, allan juul <al...@muly.dk> wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > On 4/6/06, allan juul <al...@muly.dk> wrote:
> >> hi
> >>
> >> according to the changes doc [1] for release 1.3.1 the problem with
> >> waiting hooks should have been fixed:
> >>
> >> * fixed: don't wait for hook script background jobs (r18146)
> >>

> >> this seem not to be the case on windows 2003 server on our set up with
> >> apache 2.0.54. which means we completely have to still disable the
> >> post-commit hook actions.
> >>
> >> can anyone confirm (or the contrary) this ?
> >
> > It is fixed, but in order to keep backgrounded jobs from blocking the
> > script from exiting you need to make sure they close stdout/stderr (by
> > redirecting them to some file usually).  I have no idea how to do this
> > on windows, but I imagine there must be some way.
>
> ok thanks, hmm - do you also know if this "feature" is documented (given
> that it's new behavior)

I'm not sure, but if not, I'm sure the maintainers of the book would
be happy to accept patches adding it.

-garrett

Re: wait for hook script still not fixed ?

Posted by allan juul <al...@muly.dk>.
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 4/6/06, allan juul <al...@muly.dk> wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> according to the changes doc [1] for release 1.3.1 the problem with
>> waiting hooks should have been fixed:
>>
>> * fixed: don't wait for hook script background jobs (r18146)
>>

>> this seem not to be the case on windows 2003 server on our set up with
>> apache 2.0.54. which means we completely have to still disable the
>> post-commit hook actions.
>>
>> can anyone confirm (or the contrary) this ?
>
> It is fixed, but in order to keep backgrounded jobs from blocking the
> script from exiting you need to make sure they close stdout/stderr (by
> redirecting them to some file usually).  I have no idea how to do this
> on windows, but I imagine there must be some way.

ok thanks, hmm - do you also know if this "feature" is documented (given
that it's new behavior)

./a

Re: wait for hook script still not fixed ?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.