Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/08/16 16:27:43 UTC

release schedule - 1.2.1 and 2.0.1

I think now is a good time to release the bug fixes that we've made
since 1.2 final and also start the process of releasing 2.0 via the
incubator.

So how about 1.2.1 sometime next week?

Re 2.0 (I suggest to call it 2.0.1 to match the patch level with 1.2
branch).

* still waiting for 2 CLA's to be recorded.
* nobody replied to my legal-discuss message here - http://
tinyurl.com/naf3g - but I assume we are ok with the exe created by NSIS
* I rewrote most of the code not covered by CLA's. One thing that
remained is a single file (DB2 pk generator). Will do that shortly.

Other than that we are good to go.

Andrus

Re: release schedule - 1.2.1 and 2.0.1

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> (I guess you can't just open Jira issues for each one of them,
> instead of replying on the mailing list).

Whoops - I meant the opposite - you CAN open Jira issues.

Andrus

Re: CAY-614 [Was: release schedule - 1.2.1 and 2.0.1]

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/06, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
>
> > The toMany list toString and bug fix are the two I'm specifically
> > thinking about.
>
> Mike, I just applied your CAY-614 fix to 2.0 branch and HEAD. From
> your earlier message my understanding was that you will only work
> with 1.2 branch. I was wrong on that, sorry for stepping on your toes.

No, you're not wrong.   I'm only planning on working on 1.2 for now.
Nothing to apologize for.   Thanks for taking care of this and
catching the failed unit test -- I probably would have caught this a
little later when I started working on outer joins, but it's
embarrassing none the less.

Re: CAY-614 [Was: release schedule - 1.2.1 and 2.0.1]

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 2:47 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

> So I can plan my future upgrade accordingly -- Is 2.0 going to be 1.2
> with only the packages renamed?

Although originally I thought we might forgo patching 2.0 with 1.2
bug fixes, till now this hasn't been a big deal and the two are in
sync. Let's try to keep it that way in the future. In addition to
package renaming there were some changes related to IP clearance.
Those should not affect anybody I think.

> And new development is only occuring on 3.0?  Just bug fixes on 2.0?

Yes.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

>  I was wrong on that, sorry for stepping on your toes.

Damn... another typing disorder. This should read "IF I was wrong..."
Should get some sleep :-)

Andrus

CAY-614 [Was: release schedule - 1.2.1 and 2.0.1]

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

>> Cool - as long as we track all the patches to be able to port them to
>> HEAD later. BTW, since there were no plans to maintain new features
>> on the official 1.2 branch, you can probably copy 1.2 branch to 1.2-
>> outer-joins or something, to still maintain the code under SCM.
>
> Actually, that's probably a good idea.  I hadn't considered that.  It
> should make merging the changes easier (although I don't know how hard
> it is to merge when the package names change).

Merging has been pretty easy so far. What I normally do is open a
patch file in a text editor and do search-n-replace of the imports
and file paths (since 3.0 is also mavenized, so the structure is
different).

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/06, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> > I'll try to get my 1.2.1 patches in later today.
>
> Great! What are the specific patches that you have? (I guess you
> can't just open Jira issues for each one of them, instead of replying
> on the mailing list).

These are the ones that I opened issues for and haven't resolved yet :-)

The toMany list toString and bug fix are the two I'm specifically
thinking about.
Not sure if I have any others pending yet.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
An update on 2.0.1...

On Aug 16, 2006, at 6:27 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> * still waiting for 2 CLA's to be recorded.

That's down to just one. Sigh... this will never end.

Got a reply from Cliff - we are clean: http://tinyurl.com/fzfha

> * I rewrote most of the code not covered by CLA's. One thing that
> remained is a single file (DB2 pk generator). Will do that shortly.

Still needs to be done.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 6:27 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I think now is a good time to release the bug fixes that we've made
> since 1.2 final and also start the process of releasing 2.0 via the
> incubator.
>
> So how about 1.2.1 sometime next week?

Dragging my foot on that. Probably will have some time next week to
post the release.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:43 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

> On 8/16/06, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> * nobody replied to my legal-discuss message here - http://
>> tinyurl.com/naf3g - but I assume we are ok with the exe created by
>> NSIS
>
> I didn't reply to your GPL ant task comment as I was hoping someone
> more knowledgeable would, but I don't think we're allowed to have any
> [L]GPL code committed.   I'm not sure of the details of how this is
> working, but I would recommend rewriting the ant task if you can do it
> in an hour, just to bypass the issue altogether.

Fair enough. I was more concerned about the .exe policies.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.