Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/09 17:12:46 UTC

slide 1.0.15 and tomcat supplied in binary zip

Hi,

I am trying to start the tomcat supplied with slide 1.0.15.

Using NT4/Jdk 1.3.1_01

I tried using the server/bin/startup.bat script - but this dies for
some reason.

So I tried running with server/bin/catalina run - and get the
following error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Doc base must point to a WAR file
at org.apache.naming...
at org.apache.catalina.core...
at wrappers.catalina.WebdavHost.start(WebdavHost.java:187)

I am using the setup as supplied in the zip file - nothing has been
changed... did I miss some configuration.

Sorry if this has been posted recently - mail-archive is a few days
behind...

Regards,
Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London - http://freeflats.com

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

RE: slide 1.0.15 and tomcat supplied in binary zip

Posted by Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>.
hi,
  You need to go into the server directory(not server\bin) and type
bin\startup or bin\run for starting the server.
     rajkumar

[...]

NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just
$8.95/month.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1