Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by "janw.fm" <ja...@poczta.fm> on 2006/08/17 12:20:18 UTC

wrong vc version

Hi.

I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET version 7.0.9955 with all service
packs installed.
I want to compile Axis C++ 1.6bWin32.

I can't open the files AxisClientDLL.vcproj and AxisServerDLL.vcproj.
Its clear: these are 7.1 version files.
But, I can't open the files: AxisClientDLL.dsp and AxisServerDLL.dsp,
which are version 6. The compiler fails to convert these files to
version 7.

Is there a solution for these problem?

Thanks in advance and regards
janw

Re: wrong vc version

Posted by Henrik Nordberg <hn...@apache.org>.
> Franz Fehringer wrote:
> To my best knowledge 7 (2002) has many shortcomings and should be avoided.
> Why not use 7.1 (2003) or even better (it's free!) 8 (2005)?

I agree with this, and VC8 is really really good, and there is a free
version available.
But I think Franz's note in his followup email may apply more here: you
probably don't want to use those project files. Please see
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/antbuild-guide.html for instructions on
building Axis.

Cheers
 - Henrik