Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by sunil kalva <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/05 21:32:56 UTC

mapping between disk and partition

Hi

Can i map a specific partition to a different disk in a broker. And what is
the general recommendations for disk to partition mapping for which that
broker is leader. and also for replications that broker handles.

--
SunilKalva

Re: mapping between disk and partition

Posted by Todd Palino <tp...@gmail.com>.
This is one of the major issues that we have noted with using JBOD disk layouts, that there is no tool like partition reassignment to move partitions between disks.

Another is that the partition balance algorithm would need to be improved, allowing for better selection of a mount point than round robin allows. This could be handled with pluggable partition assignment schemes (see my comment on the KIP), but I think it also speaks to the need for compound reassignment schemes. For example, rack aware across brokers, and by mount point usage within the broker.

-Todd

Posted by Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.

Posted by sunil kalva <sa...@gmail.com>.
please be advice on this.