Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Dmitry Goldenberg <dm...@weblayers.com> on 2005/12/29 22:51:47 UTC

Correlating best fragments back to native documents - ?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has seen or implemented the kind of solution where the best fragments generated by Lucene's Highlighter, are correlated back to the native documents such as PDF or MS Word.

Basically, I want to be able to use native (or any other) API's to highlight Lucene's findings in the actual documents.

I am probably "all wet" but if this makes any sense, please give me a shout.

Thanks,
- Dmitry