Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by florent Ruard-dumaine <fl...@ebuyclub.com> on 2006/02/15 17:26:04 UTC

Ruby Bindings on Windows

Hello,
I ask here because i think is here that this question must appears.
For the version 1.3.0 of Subversion, it's provide binary zip file for
perl and Python bindings... so why not for Ruby?
I ask this because as i lot of problems to compile it myself (problems
appears at the compile of apr provide by source zip for windows, when i
try to build it (with nmake in DOS console or with MSVC 2005 express) it
failed because it can'f find a windows.h in apr.h (windows.h is provided
by mingw include but not by MSVC SDK includes, and in doc you iondicate
that not worlk to compile with mingw under windows (and i try, this fail
at the configure (for apr too...))

So Could you provide, or Will you provide a binary of Ruby-Bindings for
the latest version??? or Someone in the ML coulde mi indicate a place
where i can find it, or could provid me a binary???
Thanks,
F.

Re: Ruby Bindings on Windows

Posted by florent Ruard-dumaine <fl...@ebuyclub.com>.
Branko Čibej a écrit :
 >florent Ruard-dumaine wrote:
 >>Hello,
 >>I ask here because i think is here that this question must appears.
 >>For the version 1.3.0 of Subversion, it's provide binary zip file for
perl and Python bindings... so why not for Ruby? >Because we can't build
the Ruby bindings on Windows with MSVC6 until Ruby fixes its broken headers.

 > They may have done so by now.
 >-- Brane

Ok thanks for this information.
So may there An other question, may be some Ruby-user read this, for use
svn on Windows Have you got solution? The swig binding not work so, and
the module VCS ( http://rubyforge.org/projects/vcs/ ) have a problem on
windows with a ruby's fork call (on my windows the problem appears).
So an other a solution??
Thanks

Re: Ruby Bindings on Windows

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.