Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Miguel Pereira <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/06 22:09:48 UTC

HDFS durable sync

Hia guys,

Whats the recommended setting for HDFS durable sync CDH4.4 or how do I find
out?

Cloudera CDH             3u0-3u3             ????               true
Cloudera CDH               3u4            dfs.support.append    true

Cheers,
Miguel

Re: HDFS durable sync

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
It's just the README that's incomplete.

I missed it in my update of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1637.

Re: HDFS durable sync

Posted by Miguel Pereira <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joey, Ill try that tomorrow. and report logs/findings.

Re: HDFS durable sync

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
It's related, in that it reduces data loss, but it's a different setting.

We're constantly syncing the WALog, but not data in RFiles.  To get
datanodes to sync when a file is closed, you should use
dfs.datanode.synconclose=true.

-Eric

Re: HDFS durable sync

Posted by Miguel Pereira <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: HDFS durable sync

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@clouderagovt.com>.
It's set in the hdfs-default.xml that comes in the
hadoop-hdfs-<version>.jar. So if the tserver picks it up by creating a
Configuration() object, it should see it.

-Joey

Re: HDFS durable sync

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: HDFS durable sync