Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Giannis Neokleous <gi...@generalsentiment.com> on 2011/09/14 13:22:29 UTC

Cassandra cluster on ec2 and ebs volumes

Hello,

We currently have a cluster running on ec2 and all of the data are on
the instance disks. We also have some old data which are now constant
that we want to serve off from a different cluster still running on ec2.
We want to have the ability to turn on/off this cluster at any time
without having to reinsert any of the data. Is it possible to setup
cassandra on ec2 so that the data can live on ebs volumes which can be
attached/detached every time we want to bring down the cluster?
Reloading the sstables will not work for us because we want to be able
to turn on the cluster and have it serving data within minutes.

Does anyone have this kind of setup working right now and if so how
reliable is this?

Thanks,

-Giannis

Re: Cassandra cluster on ec2 and ebs volumes

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
[moving to user@]

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: Cassandra cluster on ec2 and ebs volumes

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
[moving to user@]