Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bradley Mazurek <ma...@opentext.com> on 2005/01/13 16:36:46 UTC

Programmatic deployment of web services

On the Axis wiki I see the following question:
   Q) How do I deploy a service on web application initialization?

In the last message of the thread that questions' answer refers to, I
see the following:

> I need to deploy and undeploy services programmatically. The
> deployment is done from a servlet which is in the same servlet
> context as the AxisServlet. Is it possible to do the deployment
> programmatically without using the AdminClient and without restarting
> the webapp (which I understand is required if the server-config.wsdd
> file is changed)?

I searched the mailing list, but couldn't find any relevent answers.

Does anyone have any advice on how to go about programmatically
deploying and undeploying services, or at least appropriate places in
the source code to begin looking?

Thanks.
--
Brad

Re: Programmatic deployment of web services

Posted by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>.
> Does anyone have any advice on how to go about programmatically
> deploying and undeploying services, or at least appropriate places in
> the source code to begin looking?

Isn't that what the AdminClient is for?

% java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd
<Admin>Done processing</Admin>

(where deploy.wsdd contains the description of the new service).

Bill