Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Pierre Phaneuf <pp...@ludusdesign.com> on 2001/02/13 17:14:17 UTC

"idea" modules info

Speaking of modules...

I *could* be willing to implement the following two modules, if the
ideas happen to match what I think I would need.

> RoleAuthz       i       Role-based authorization                DOUGM
> ConfigDBI       i       Config via DBI and <Perl>               MARKIM

What is the usual process for one that would like to help with a "i"
module? Is there any code done, or some message/thread that I could be
pointed to, discussing the idea, things like that?

Thanks for the info!

--
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
regarded as a criminal offence." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra

Re: "idea" modules info

Posted by Pierre Phaneuf <pp...@ludusdesign.com>.
Svante Sörmark wrote:

> > > ConfigDBI       i       Config via DBI and <Perl>               MARKIM
>
> Oracle's new Apache-based application-server stores its config in
> the database. It might be good for some ideas.

Any pointer to information?

--
"A Perl script is correct if it gets the job done before your boss
fires you." -- Larry Wall

Re: "idea" modules info

Posted by Pierre Phaneuf <pp...@ludusdesign.com>.
Mark Imbriaco wrote:

> > > I developed some code to do this a VERY long time ago, but the code was
> > > quite specific to my needs (virtual hosting) and I never got around to
> > > generalizing it.  If you're interested in taking over the module list
> > > entry for this one, I have absolutely no problems with that.
> >
> > Send it to me, I'll take a look! I don't garantee I can take it over,
> > but if I use it, I probably will be able to maintain it (as part of my
> > day job).
>
> I don't even have the code any more -- it was written three jobs ago and
> the company it was written for doesn't even exist anymore. :)  Sorry.

Okay, no problem. Could you write up a quick summary of how it worked
(or how a rewrite should work)? If that was discussed on this mailing
list already, you could give me a pointer to a thread instead...

--
"The only 'intuitive' interface is the nipple. After that, it's
all learned." -- bediger@teal.csn.org (on user interfaces)

Re: "idea" modules info

Posted by Mark Imbriaco <ma...@pobox.com>.
On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

> Mark Imbriaco wrote:
>
> > > What is the usual process for one that would like to help with a "i"
> > > module? Is there any code done, or some message/thread that I could be
> > > pointed to, discussing the idea, things like that?
> >
> > I developed some code to do this a VERY long time ago, but the code was
> > quite specific to my needs (virtual hosting) and I never got around to
> > generalizing it.  If you're interested in taking over the module list
> > entry for this one, I have absolutely no problems with that.
>
> Send it to me, I'll take a look! I don't garantee I can take it over,
> but if I use it, I probably will be able to maintain it (as part of my
> day job).

I don't even have the code any more -- it was written three jobs ago and
the company it was written for doesn't even exist anymore. :)  Sorry.

-Mark

--
"The big question is whether the planet will disappear in the twinkling of
an eye. It is astonishingly unlikely that there is any risk - but I could

Re: "idea" modules info

Posted by Pierre Phaneuf <pp...@ludusdesign.com>.
Mark Imbriaco wrote:

> > What is the usual process for one that would like to help with a "i"
> > module? Is there any code done, or some message/thread that I could be
> > pointed to, discussing the idea, things like that?
>
> I developed some code to do this a VERY long time ago, but the code was
> quite specific to my needs (virtual hosting) and I never got around to
> generalizing it.  If you're interested in taking over the module list
> entry for this one, I have absolutely no problems with that.

Send it to me, I'll take a look! I don't garantee I can take it over,
but if I use it, I probably will be able to maintain it (as part of my
day job).

--
"How should I know if it works? That's what beta testers are for.
I only coded it." -- Linus Torvalds

Re: "idea" modules info

Posted by Mark Imbriaco <ma...@pobox.com>.