Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amir S <am...@lastversion.com> on 2005/04/25 19:32:06 UTC

how to rotate the tomcat logger once a month instead of daily

Hi,
I have tried the following like in valve logger:

<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" prefix="sitr_out"
suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true" fileDateFormat="yyyy-MM"/>

but it ignores it and show the date in the format yyyy-mm-dd.

Regards,
Amir Sadeh

Re: how to rotate the tomcat logger once a month instead of daily

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
FileLogger doesn't use fileDateFormat. Only AccessLogValve support the date
formatting.

-Tim