Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yet another person <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/13 11:31:52 UTC

Cform Binding problem

Hello Everybody,
I worked through the form examples on the website, then i wanted to add
binding functionality.
So i looked at the examples from the cocoon trunk, but i don't seem to get
it to work.

I tried isolating the form2simplexml by copying all resources references by
the flow aswell as the sitemap to my own block, but i keep running into
errors. I even tried copying all form example files to my own block but it
still doesn't work.

Then a question about the handleForm:

in the sitemap the examples call handleForm, and give it parameters.
But if i look in the registration function, or the entire flowscript for
that matter, only documentURI is called to load the form. what happens to
the other parameters?

        <map:call function="handleForm">
        <map:parameter value="function" name="registration"/>
          <map:parameter name="definitionURI"
value="resource/internal/registration_definition.xml" />
          <map:parameter name="documentURI"
value="resource/internal/editme.xml" />
          <map:parameter name="bindingURI"
value="resource/internal/registration_binding.xml" />
        </map:call>

I was under the impression from the form binding explanation on the cocoon
website that for binding you need the usual definition file and the
template. besides these you would need a binding file that tells the
application what element will be put where in the xml file to be created and
you could load an xml file that complies with the specification from the
binding and definition file in order to edit this

Am i correct so far?

Hopefully anyone can get me some clarity on the cform stuff because i can't
make heads nor tail of it

Kind regards

Yap