Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Siddhartha Pahade <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/28 17:26:03 UTC

Regular expression not working

Hi guys,

My search result is Gilmore Girls

If I search on Gilmore, it gives me result Gilmore Girls in the output as
desired.

However, if I search on string gilmore* or gilm , it does not work whereas
we want it to work.

Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Regular expression not working

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
You would have to index GIlmore and gilmore. You could make a separate
field type which does not do upper->lower case transformation.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Regular expression not working