Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Juergen Mayrbaeurl <ju...@hvb.sozvers.at> on 2007/08/21 11:48:21 UTC

Consumer with java.util.zip.ZipException: unknown compression method

We're using compression (useCompression=true in serverURL) on the producer
side with durable topic subscribers. Unfortunately our consumer gets an
'java.util.zip.ZipException: unknown compression method' (happened the first
time after thousands of successful transported messages).

Any ideas what went wrong? What's the best way to remove the message from
the subscription?

Kind regards
Juergen

PS: We're using ActiveMQ 4.1.0 with JRE 1.4.2

Re: Consumer with java.util.zip.ZipException: unknown compression method

Posted by Juergen Mayrbaeurl <ju...@hvb.sozvers.at>.
Just read  https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1140 JIRA issue
about compression . Does this really mean that up to version 4.1.1
compression didn't work?

Kind regards
Juergen

Posted by Juergen Mayrbaeurl <ju...@hvb.sozvers.at>.
Unfortunately noone has replied yet!

Our problem still exists, but maybe some more information will help:
The problem showed up the first time, when we switched from Java 1.4 to Java
5 on our AIX machines. It's not reproducable what makes tracking down the
problem quite difficult.

Any ideas? Should we simply disable the use of compression?

Kind regards
Juergen