Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/23 17:23:33 UTC

Kudu Release

Any word as to the release roadmap?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Kudu Release

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Hi Jordan, Alejandro,

This is not a mistake, security is not on my proposed roadmap for 1.0. The
reasoning for 1.0 is that "enough people" would want to deploy it in
production, obviously some are already doing it, so the other side of this
is that some folks wouldn't be able to deploy it yet. Speculating a little,
I could see security as a 2.0 feature.

But, as I said in my email, if anyone shows up with different priorities
(and more importantly patches), it could shape a different 1.0.

Hope this helps,

J-D

Re: Kudu Release

Posted by Alejandro de la Vina <a....@globant.com>.