Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michal Hlavac <hl...@medium13.sk> on 2005/01/06 12:38:52 UTC

path to classes

hello,

I am trying write my first tapestry application... ;)

I have this dir structure:

/project
    |- src
        |-sample
             |- Hello.java
    |- web
        |-WEB-INF
            |- lib
                |- all needed tapestry jar files
        |-META-INF

hello.java
package sample;

import java.util.Date;
import org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage;

public class Hello extends BasePage {
	public Date getCurrentDate() {
		return new Date();
	}
}

I am using Netbeans 4. When I try to compile project, I get:
/home/hlavki/develop/diplo/src/tutorial/simple/Home.java:4: package
org.apache.tapestry.html does not exist

what is wrong???
thanks, miso

Re: path to classes

Posted by Johan Maasing <jo...@zoom.nu>.
> I am using Netbeans 4. When I try to compile project, I get:
> /home/hlavki/develop/diplo/src/tutorial/simple/Home.java:4: package
> org.apache.tapestry.html does not exist
> what is wrong???

It looks like the netbeans compiler does not find the tapestry JAR-file.
Look in project settings (right click your project and select
properties). Select Build->Compiling Sources and make sure that the
compilation classpath contains <context>/WEB-INF/lib/tapestry-3.0.jar

I do not use netbeans myself as I prefer to use Eclipse
(www.eclipse.org). You can get a nice plug-in called Spindle to use in
eclipse that will help you with tapestry development.

Re: path to classes

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.
I am using NetBean 3.6.
In addition to putting tapestry related jars file in
WEB-INF/lib,
I have also mounted them at path of your poject.

Shing

 --- Michal Hlavac <hl...@medium13.sk> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am trying write my first tapestry application...
> ;)
>
> I have this dir structure:
>
> /project
>     |- src
>         |-sample
>              |- Hello.java
>     |- web
>         |-WEB-INF
>             |- lib
>                 |- all needed tapestry jar files
>         |-META-INF
>

> hello.java
> package sample;
>
> import java.util.Date;
> import org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage;
>
> public class Hello extends BasePage {
> 	public Date getCurrentDate() {
> 		return new Date();
> 	}
> }
>
> I am using Netbeans 4. When I try to compile
> project, I get:

/home/hlavki/develop/diplo/src/tutorial/simple/Home.java:4:
> package
> org.apache.tapestry.html does not exist
>

> what is wrong???
> thanks, miso