Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> on 2018/02/16 19:51:49 UTC

Website updates.

FYI....I stole a background graphic from http://kylin.apache.org/ and made
an update to our website:

http://juneau.apache.org/index.html

I'm assuming this graphic is legal, but what do I need to do to ensure this?

Has the board ever considered supplying reusable graphics like this for the
Apache community (beyond the basic Apache icons) so that projects can
create similar-themed sites?

Re: Website updates.

Posted by David Goddard <go...@acm.org>.
It appears to have been derived from an Adobe stock photo:
https://stock.adobe.com/images/network/60959791?prev_url=detail

https://www.tineye.com/search/fb27f3fdc706a9316627d36eb7057c6074a4fb5c?tags=stock

I think Adobe's extended license allows you to make a derivate copy and
use it like that on your website...  if one Apache project bought such a
license then I imagine it would apply to any Apache project (because as
I understand it Apache is one legal entity), but otherwise I think this
image would require a license.

David