Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/15 20:03:45 UTC

[VOTE][DAEMON] release 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 Maven artifacts

Just in case anyone wants to use Maven to download the Java part of
Commons Daemon (this has been requested in the past), I thought it
would be useful to create and upload the Maven artifacts to the Nexus
staging repo.

The uploads contain source, so although the main release votes have
already passed, it seems sensible to vote again on the actual Maven
artifacts.

Daemon 1.0.6
==========
Staging area:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-040/commons-daemon/commons-daemon/

which was built from the tag
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_6
(r1144188)
using "mvn clean; mvn deploy -Prelease"

[ ]+1 OK to release
[ ]-1 do not release, please give a reason why

Daemon 1.0.7
==========
Staging area
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-041/commons-daemon/commons-daemon/

which was built from the tag
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_7
(r1153351)
using "mvn clean; mvn deploy -Prelease"

[ ]+1 OK to release
[ ]-1 do not release, please give a reason why

Voting will remain open for the usual minimum of 72 hours.

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE][DAEMON] release 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 Maven artifacts

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 15 August 2011 19:03, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just in case anyone wants to use Maven to download the Java part of
> Commons Daemon (this has been requested in the past), I thought it
> would be useful to create and upload the Maven artifacts to the Nexus
> staging repo.
>
> The uploads contain source, so although the main release votes have
> already passed, it seems sensible to vote again on the actual Maven
> artifacts.
>
> Daemon 1.0.6
> ==========
> Staging area:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-040/commons-daemon/commons-daemon/
>
> which was built from the tag
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_6
> (r1144188)
> using "mvn clean; mvn deploy -Prelease"
>
> [X]+1 OK to release
> [ ]-1 do not release, please give a reason why
>
> Daemon 1.0.7
> ==========
> Staging area
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-041/commons-daemon/commons-daemon/
>
> which was built from the tag
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_7
> (r1153351)
> using "mvn clean; mvn deploy -Prelease"
>
> [X]+1 OK to release
> [ ]-1 do not release, please give a reason why
>
> Voting will remain open for the usual minimum of 72 hours.
>
> Thanks!

My votes are above. So far we only have one other vote (Luc).

Would anyone else care to vote please?

Either positive or negative.

Re: [VOTE][DAEMON] release 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 Maven artifacts

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 08/15/2011 08:03 PM, sebb wrote:

> Daemon 1.0.6
> ==========
>
> [X]+1 OK to release
> [ ]-1 do not release, please give a reason why
>
> Daemon 1.0.7
> ==========
>
> [X]+1 OK to release
> [ ]-1 do not release, please give a reason why

Huh, seems I missed the thread.

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [VOTE][DAEMON] release 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 Maven artifacts

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 15/08/2011 20:03, sebb a écrit :
> Just in case anyone wants to use Maven to download the Java part of
> Commons Daemon (this has been requested in the past), I thought it
> would be useful to create and upload the Maven artifacts to the Nexus
> staging repo.
>
> The uploads contain source, so although the main release votes have
> already passed, it seems sensible to vote again on the actual Maven
> artifacts.
>
> Daemon 1.0.6
> ==========
> Staging area:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-040/commons-daemon/commons-daemon/
>
> which was built from the tag
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_6
> (r1144188)
> using "mvn clean; mvn deploy -Prelease"
>
> [ ]+1 OK to release
> [ ]-1 do not release, please give a reason why

+1 (checked signatures and compared source code with svn tag)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17 August 2011 13:50, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> wrote:
> Le 15/08/2011 20:03, sebb a écrit :
>>
>> Just in case anyone wants to use Maven to download the Java part of
>> Commons Daemon (this has been requested in the past), I thought it
>> would be useful to create and upload the Maven artifacts to the Nexus
>> staging repo.
>>
>> The uploads contain source, so although the main release votes have
>> already passed, it seems sensible to vote again on the actual Maven
>> artifacts.
>
> I am not sure about this. What we release is mainly source code, and
> binaries are a convenience but seems to me less official. Also voting
> separately for the binaries as an afterthought is uncomfortable. Of course I
> do trust you to have built these artifacts properly, but how can I really be
> sure they correspond to the same source code we voted upon a few days ago ?

They were built from the same tags (listed below), which you can
compare against the source jar.

> Please, don't consider it as offending, I am just wondering about a process
> I don't master.

Not sure I understand how this is different from the previous Daemon
votes, apart from the fact that the source/binary jars only relate to
the Java subset of the original vote.

It's still possible to check the artifact contents, sigs, hashes, and
it's still possible to check that the source jar only contains source
from the tag.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1

Phil

[RESULT][VOTE][DAEMON] release 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 Maven artifacts

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I think the vote has now run for long enough ;-)

Here are the votes:

+1 Luc Maisonobe
+1 Mladen Turk
+1 Phil Steitz
+1 Sebastian Bazley

All the above are binding.

The vote therefore succeeds, and I will publish the Maven artifacts.