Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Steven McDowall <sj...@aptest.com> on 2000/07/24 17:09:08 UTC

Deserialization error w/ multiple encodingStyles

Ok.. I think we have another "bug" where xml-soap does not live up to the
Soap 1.1 specs..

I tried using 2 URI's in the encodingStyle attribute.. One for the SOAP
envelope
itself, and the other for the schema of the data to be read/understood...

This appears to be totally valid by the spec :
	http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#_Toc478383495

Which gives an example of having 2 encoding styles..

However, when I try to use it I get the following Fault :
	Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=No Serializer found to serialize a 'org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter' using
encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
http://schema.my.com/XMLProcessor/urs-schema.xsd'.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to
serialize a 'org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
http://schema.my.com/XMLProcessor/urs-schema.xsd'.]

Obviously this doesn't make a lot of sense since if I just specify the one
encoding
style of
	http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/

THere is no problem..

So.. This brings up an interesting question :

1) Is this broken in xml-soap??
2) If not, then how does one specify a "local" schema for the data part and
still
encode the SOAP RPC Envelope correctly?

As another "question" :
3) Do you think it is reasonable to define a "default" encodingStyle to be
used
in case one is not given in the reply Envelope anywhere??

---
Steven J. McDowall                 phone: +1 763 780-8814
ApTest                               fax: +1 763 786-8180
                                  e-mail: sjm@aptest.com