Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/02 06:23:08 UTC

Remove stemming without reindexing - currently using KStem

Hi Friends,

Is it possible to remove stemming without having to reindex the entire data,
I am using KStem.

Can we do so by query itself, not sure how?

I am not using dismax.

Thanks

Abhishek

Re: Remove stemming without reindexing - currently using KStem

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
Abhishek,

stemming is applied before the tokens get into the index.
Changing the stemming of the indexer cannot be done without reindexing.

paul