Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marcello Granata <mg...@matrix.it> on 2000/03/02 17:27:38 UTC

LDAP

I had a problem installing Cocoon 1.7. In the mailing list archive I read
this suggestion:
Comment out the following line in cocoon.properties:
processor.type.ldap = org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor

I did it and now it works.
But I'm not smart enough to understand why. Anyone can explain it to me?

Thanks marcello

Re: LDAP

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Marcello Granata wrote:

> I had a problem installing Cocoon 1.7. In the mailing list archive I read
> this suggestion:
> Comment out the following line in cocoon.properties:
> processor.type.ldap = org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor
>
> I did it and now it works.
> But I'm not smart enough to understand why. Anyone can explain it to me?

the LDAP processor requires the JNDI.jar package to run and most
probably you didn't have it since Cocoon didn't ship it.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: LDAP

Posted by Bruno Melloni <br...@melloni.com>.
I was having the same problem (with Cocoon 1.7 on Win98) and tried it but
instead of working I got a different error.

Before commenting the line:
"java.lang.RuntimeException:  Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor: make sure the needed classes
can be found in the classpath (javax/naming/directory/DirContext)"

After commenting the line (or also after putting a jndi.jar file in the
JDK/jre/lib/ext directory):
"Internal Server Error"

Suggestions?

Getting Cocoon to work on Win98 is a nightmare!  This is the third or fourth
undocumented problem that I encounter.  I wish they had some useful
documentation.  Luckily, installing on Linux wasn't half as bad.

bruno

Re: LDAP

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Mike Engelhart wrote:

> Cocoon doesn't come with Sun JNDI jar file by default because of licensing
> issues.  I'm sure this will be commented out of cocoon.properties in the
> next release.  If you need LDAP functionality you can get the JNDI library
> for free from http://www.javasoft.com

This is going to be come more and more an issue as more things get
potentially integrated with cocoon. Some #ifdef #else #endif equivalent
might be needed in conjuction with 'installed_packages.xml' :-) Or some
thing like that.

Dw

Re: LDAP

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.