Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by UMESH CHAUDHARY <um...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/08 12:27:55 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-174 Deprecate and remove internal converter configs in WorkerConfig

Hello All,
Since there are no outstanding comments on this, so I'd like to start a
vote.

Please find the KIP here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-174+-+Deprecate+and+remove+internal+converter+configs+in+WorkerConfig>
and
the related JIRA here <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-5540>.

The KIP suggests to deprecate and remove the configs:
internal.key.converter, internal.value.converter

Appreciate your comments.

Regards,
Umesh

Re: [VOTE] KIP-174 Deprecate and remove internal converter configs in WorkerConfig

Posted by UMESH CHAUDHARY <um...@gmail.com>.
Thanks All for your votes. As we have got 3+ binding votes, I'll proceed to
implement this KIP and it also closes this voting thread.

Regards,
Umesh

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1, thanks

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-174 Deprecate and remove internal converter configs in WorkerConfig

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
+1 binding