Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Bernhard Ortner <be...@gmx.net> on 2013/09/29 14:29:48 UTC

JDBC Driver for Marmotta

Re: JDBC Driver for Marmotta

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Dear Bernhard,

(moving this discussion to dev@marmotta, since it is more about
technical things than users' support)

On 01/10/13 21:29, Bernhard Ortner wrote:
> My Spring Use Case is:
> I want to Inject marmotta as datasource via Spring.
> To be more precise, i want to configure marmotta via Spring Annotations
> and / or a context file (as Pooled DataSource)
> Raffaele just gave me the answer, that i was searching for...  so I will
> try to write / configure a Spring service for marmotta.

So, if you understood correctly, you would like to have a Spring Data
Source directly consuming the triple store by JDBC.

Strictly talking, that would be a Data Source for the KiWi triple store
[1]. Although right now it is true there is not difference, since that
one is the single triple store currently supported by Marmotta.  Perhaps
we should improve how the platform is described [2]... But our roadmap
for the short-term future (hopefully for 3.2.x) is to be able to run
Marmotta over any Sesame-based triple store.

The clarification comes because in LMF (the former project) we were
thinking about something similar, providing support to Spring Data [3].
But in that case was at a resource level (so using LDP and/or SPARQL,
most likely), and not directly at a low level. But we never managed to
find time to implement such idea.

But your proposal also looks quite interesting, and it could be quite
useful in some use cases. Please, keep us updated about it :-)

Cheers,

[1] http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org/kiwi/introduction.html
[2] http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org/platform/introduction.html
[3] https://code.google.com/p/lmf/issues/detail?id=95

--
Sergio Fernández
Salzburg Research

Re: JDBC Driver for Marmotta

Posted by Bernhard Ortner <be...@gmx.net>.

Hi Sebastian

My Spring Use Case is:
I want to Inject marmotta as datasource via Spring.
To be more precise, i want to configure marmotta via Spring Annotations
and / or a context file (as Pooled DataSource)
Raffaele just gave me the answer, that i was searching for...  so I will
try to write / configure a Spring service for marmotta.

Have a nice evening

Bernhard

Am 30.09.2013 12:00, schrieb Sebastian Schaffert:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Raffaele already pointed you to an important discussion on the issue.
We do not have a bulk handler at the moment (this is still planned), but
the performance has been improved considerably so that 10 million
triples should be no problem to handle. We have installations of more
than 150 million triples that are running fine (but be careful with
SPARQL queries in such environments...). You might want to split your
dataset into smaller files before importing, though, because otherwise
the transaction size will be too big.

> I don't fully understand the question with the SpringDatasource. What
is your use case you have in mind?

<ma...@gmail.com>>

http://markmail.org/message/gj6oh7askhepi7yj#query:+page:1+mid:staylfo6gg37wyei+state:results
.

<bernhardortner@gmx.net <ma...@gmx.net>> wrote:

> Hi Marmotta Users
>
> Since Im relatively new to marmotta, i have some practical questions,
> regarding the data management of the project:
> Is there any additional information regarding the jdbc connection,
> except the wiki post at [1] ?
>
> To be more precise here are my concrete questions:
>     Do you have a BulkCRUD handler, that allows the management of > 10m
> triples ?
>

> >     The process of bulk import should pass for loading in memory of
triples and then writing in a such format to be processed from DBMS.

>     Can i use the current implementation as pooled Spring Datasource ?
>

> >     I don't think so, because Marmotta actually doesn't use Spring.
>

> Kind regards
>
> Bernhard Ortner
>
> [1] http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org/kiwi/triplestore.html
>
>     Regards,
>     Raffaele.

- --
yours sincerely

Bernhard Ortner, BSc.
- ------------------
Phone: +43 664 2538 738
Skype: be_ortner
E-Mail: bernhardortner@gmx.net

Re: JDBC Driver for Marmotta

Posted by Sebastian Schaffert <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bernhard,

Re: JDBC Driver for Marmotta

Posted by Raffaele Palmieri <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bernhard, I 'd suggest you to look following thread
http://markmail.org/message/gj6oh7askhepi7yj#query:+page:1+mid:staylfo6gg37wyei+state:results
 .
In that post, you'll find some useful informations to understand data life
cycle.

On 29 September 2013 14:29, Bernhard Ortner <be...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Regards,
Raffaele.