Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Doug Judd <do...@zvents.com> on 2008/02/09 16:23:23 UTC

Hypertable

We're working on an open source, high performance, distributed database
modeled after Bigtable.  It differs from HBase in that it is a more faithful
implementation of the design outlined in the Bigtable paper and is written
in C++.  You can check out the project and download an "alpha" release
here:  http://www.hypertable.org/

It is designed to run on top of any filesystem, but HDFS has been our
primary development filesystem.  We did a preliminary performance test using
the AOL query logs and described the experience here:
http://code.google.com/p/hypertable/wiki/PerformanceTestAOLQueryLog

- Doug