Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ingo Luetkebohle <in...@blank.pages.de> on 2000/11/03 18:37:48 UTC

redistributing Tomcat

Hello,

we intend to give give out Tomcat 3.1 along with a Servlet to make a
complete package that people can try out instantly. The Servlet is
Open Source.

Are there any guidelines to be followed for this procedure? Specific
ways in which we should mention Tomcat? General things to be
displayed?

Thanks for any hints/documentation!

Regards

--
	Ingo Luetkebohle / ingo@blank.pages.de / 95428014

its easy to stop using Perl: I do it after every project

Re: redistributing Tomcat

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Ingo Luetkebohle wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 06:34:16PM -0500, Julio Serje (@canada.com) wrote:
> > You can freely distribute Apache Software Foundation software as long as you
> > follow the guidelines of the license... see:
> > http://www.apache.org/LICENSE.txt
>
> I assumed that to hold, but wondered if there are some other "customs"
> to be followed. I.e., if it would be considered "good behaviour" to
> display a 'using Tomcat technology by the Apache Software Foundation'
> message or the like somewhere (and if yes, how). Tomcat is a really
> cool piece of software and we want to give credit where its due.

The minimum requirements say that your user documentation has to acknowledge the
use of ASF software.  Any more than that would certainly be appreciated -- for
example, you are welcome to use the "Powered by Tomcat" graphic that is included
with Tomcat's examples -- but not required.

> Regards
>
> --
>         Ingo Luetkebohle / ingo@blank.pages.de / 95428014
>
> its easy to stop using Perl: I do it after every project

Craig McClanahan

Re: redistributing Tomcat

Posted by Ingo Luetkebohle <in...@blank.pages.de>.

Re: redistributing Tomcat

Posted by "Julio Serje (@canada.com)" <js...@home.com>.
You can freely distribute Apache Software Foundation software as long as you
follow the guidelines of the license... see:
http://www.apache.org/LICENSE.txt

Julio