Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/18 15:03:38 UTC

Any hope for a fix of STORM-3032 ?

Hello,

I have seen couple of occurrences of the NullPointerException in Storm
Kafka Spout with same stack trace as in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3032

Using Storm 1.2.3, with Kafka Client at 2.0.1 version, connected to a
cluster of Kafka Brokers at 2.2.1 version.

Since the stack traces seems to tell that the NullPointerException
occurs in some code related to statistics computation, wouldn't it be
better to fix the issue by catching the NullPointerException to avoid
blocking Kafka consumption ?

Kind regards,
Alexandre Vermeerbergen

Re: Any hope for a fix of STORM-3032 ?

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <st...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good, thanks for letting other people know about the JDK part.

Posted by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stig,

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com>.