Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Eric S Rose <es...@us.ibm.com> on 2008/04/15 20:09:16 UTC

Using Tuscany Java SDO with EMF 2.4

Hello all,

Has anyone had any success running Java SDO with EMF 2.4?  I'm running into
a NoClassDefFoundError on SDOUtil.createHelperContext().  I've seen this on
both the 1.0 and 1.1 releases.

Thanks,
Eric

Fwd: Using Tuscany Java SDO with EMF 2.4

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Anyone likely to have any time to take a look at this? If its possible to do
something to fix this it would be good to try to get it done in the 1.1.1
release.

   ...ant

Posted by Eric S Rose <es...@us.ibm.com>.
Frank,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I got busy with some other
stuff that had to be done yesterday.

I've been debugging the problem all morning, and it seems to come down to a
NullPointerException from eStaticClass() in ReferenceImpl.  Here's the code
where I'm seeing the exception:

protected EClass eStaticClass()
{
   return SDOPackage.eINSTANCE.getReference();
}

SDOPackage.eINSTANCE is null, so SDOPackageImpl.init() is returning null
for some reason.  I'm not sure that really answers your question, but I
hope it's helpful.

Thanks,
Eric

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>                                                                                                                |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |tuscany-user@ws.apache.org                                                                                                                        |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |04/15/2008 04:28 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Eric,

Posted by Eric S Rose <es...@us.ibm.com>.
David,

EMF 2.2.3 is what I've been using also up until this point.  My code is
integrating with a project that's already using EMF 2.4, so I need to align
with the larger project.  Based on what I've seen so far, it doesn't look
like that's a possibility.

Thanks,
Eric

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"David Adcox" <co...@gmail.com>                                                                                                                |
|------------>
| To:        |
  |tuscany-user@ws.apache.org                                                                                                                        |
| Date:      |
  |04/15/2008 03:10 PM                                                                                                                               |

Posted by David Adcox <co...@gmail.com>.