Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Cameron Seay <cw...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/29 20:23:49 UTC

Low performance when uploading to ESXi datastore

Has anyone experienced low performance when uploading a large file to the
ESXi datastore?  And if so, what was your fix.

Thanks.

--
Cameron Seay, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems Technology

Re: Low performance when uploading to ESXi datastore

Posted by Aaron Peeler <fa...@ncsu.edu>.
At one time we had experienced this, when directly uploading or
copying large files to a vmfs partition. It was on an older version of
ESX.

We are primarily using nfs for datastores now.

What are the disk specs of your ESXi server? How are you uploading the
large file?

Aaron

--
Aaron Peeler