Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by to...@meinsenf.at on 2001/11/07 14:45:57 UTC

encodeURL + SSL

what I want to do:
request "/login"
get session
if session is new -> redirect to encodeRedirectURL("/login")

this works fine for a normal request - but if I'm using https, the method response.encodeURL("/login") always returns "/login" without the sessionid!!!

if I take a URL (valid session):
http://localhost:8080/login;jsessionid=l4jycbtxq1
and transform it manually to
https://localhost:8443/login;jsessionid=l4jycbtxq1
I get the correct result-page - BUT all links in this page are without the encoded sessionid!!!

what am I missing?

thanks
michi

Re: encodeURL + SSL

Posted by Michael Manzenreither <wi...@fsmat.at>.
Am Mittwoch,  7. November 2001 15:59 schrieben Sie:

> > tomcat@meinsenf.at wrote:
> > if I take a URL (valid session):
> > http://localhost:8080/login;jsessionid=l4jycbtxq1
>
>                              ^--- isn't this supposed to be a "?"...?

NO - this is how the sessionid is encoded by tomcat - it is NO get-parameter
(though I wished i would be!!)

Re: encodeURL + SSL

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
tomcat@meinsenf.at wrote:

> if I take a URL (valid session):
> http://localhost:8080/login;jsessionid=l4jycbtxq1
                             ^--- isn't this supposed to be a "?"...?
> and transform it manually to
> https://localhost:8443/login;jsessionid=l4jycbtxq1
> I get the correct result-page - BUT all links in this page are
> without the encoded sessionid!!!

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon