Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Daniel Gonzalez <go...@gonvaled.com> on 2012/09/13 11:07:02 UTC

Problems installing CouchDB 1.2.0 in Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS Server (lucid)

Hi,

I am having trouble installing Couchdb 1.2.0 in Ubuntu 10.04. Please find
the log here:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1202193/

I am installing spidermonkey from source.
The same procedure has worked in Ubuntu 8.04.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Problems installing CouchDB 1.2.0 in Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS Server (lucid)

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 29, 2012 4:43 PM, "Noah Slater" <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> Keith,
>
> Do you think we should make this change to the distributed script?

It isn't  needed if we build an otp release

- benoƮt

Posted by Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>.
Oh yeah. su refused to run CouchDB because I have CouchDB's shell set to
/bin/false. The wiki suggests you give the user a shell but I didn't think
that was a good idea. So that's my work around :-)

There is probably a better way to do the whole thing but I don't know what
it would be... :-)

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Keith,

--
NS

Re: Problems installing CouchDB 1.2.0 in Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS Server (lucid)

Posted by Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>.