Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com> on 2015/08/20 23:00:02 UTC

VFS Classloader

What's the state of the VFS Classloader (and our usage of it)? I remember
that we were waiting for 2.1 to release, which I think we are still waiting
on, but I can't find the JIRAs for why exactly this is important.

Any pointers?
Mike

Re: VFS Classloader

Posted by dl...@comcast.net.
FWIW, I'm using it. I have used both version 2.0 and a recent version of 2.1-SNAPSHOT. v2.0 worked with some minor annoyances, 2.1-SNAPSHOT is better.

The only definitive issue I'm aware of is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3470?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14277108#comment-14277108

Bill and I have both dug around trying to figure out how we were getting
cached instances of FileSystem that were closed. The hunch was that VFS
was the cause of this, but I don't think either of us could definitively
prove it.

Re: VFS Classloader

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.