Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ki Alam <ki...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/26 07:34:35 UTC

T5: Block override for BeanEditForm

I've implemented my own BeanModel/PropertyModel to allow my pre-tapestry
data model to interact with the BeanEditFrom.  I've run into a roadblock.
When my beanModel returns a property datatype other than text, checkbox or
select,   I'm unable to set the BlockOverride in
BeanEditForm.setParameterName().

For the case at hand, I want to produce a datatype of "crud" which would
(when rendered via BeanEditForm) produce a link to a page where the
parameter can be edited.  I'm thinking that if I can induce Tapestry to use
my own block for non-"primitive" datatypes.  Can others see the utility in
this approach?  Is there someway that I could add a parameter binding to
ComponentResources so that a custom override can be provided?

Thanks, Ki

Re: T5: Block override for BeanEditForm

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
This is something I want to address, via a contribution, in 5.0.5.  We need
a way to say "for this editor type, use this block on this page".

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.