Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sefton, Adam" <Ad...@plc.cwplc.com> on 2002/07/02 17:39:22 UTC

Error on startup when using custom error pages

Hi,

I'm trying to pick up error codes and display custom error pages. The one I'm working with currently is the 401 error in the case of failed logins. I've added the following in my /conf/web.xml:

<error-page>
  	<error-code>401</error-code>
  	<location>error.html</location>
</error-page>

and I have error.html in the conf directory.

When I try to start the Tomcat server, I get the following errors:

ERROR reading java.io.FileInputStream@e06940
At Line 849 /web-app/error-page/

ERROR reading java.io.FileInputStream@90c06f
At Line 849 /web-app/error-page/

ERROR reading java.io.FileInputStream@766806
At Line 849 /web-app/error-page/

ERROR reading java.io.FileInputStream@c623af
At Line 849 /web-app/error-page/

Does anyone have any ideas? I recall reading somewhere that the custom error setup with TOmcat was quite buggy, is this the problem?

I am using Tomcat 4.0.3 standalone on Win2k

Cheers

Adam

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy.