Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/12 04:57:47 UTC

[SOLVED] Re: Could not find or load main class org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster

And finally, success is at hand!  This is a bit quirky, but here's what
fixed it:

My command line originally looked like this:

$> hadoop jar /home/prhodes/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
-vip /user/prhodes/input/tiny_graph.txt -vof
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
/user/prhodes/giraph_output/shortestpaths -w 4 -yj
/home/prhodes/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar

I vaguely recalled seeing a mention of another user creating a symlink
to the Giraph jar files, and originally I thought he did that as a convenience.
But some intuition suggested that the fully qualified paths might actually
be causing a problem, so I did

$> ln -s /home/prhodes/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar

to create a link to that jar in the current directory, then re-ran the
command as:

$> hadoop jar giraph-examples-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
-vip /user/prhodes/input/tiny_graph.txt -vof
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
/user/prhodes/giraph_output/shortestpaths -w 4 -yj
giraph-examples-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar

and viola! It works...

Cheers,

Phil