Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/28 16:05:18 UTC

weird issue with custom lifecycle and multiple modules

Hi all,

I have a multiple module project.

parent
\- mysar (packaging sar - provided by the jboss-sar-maven-plugin)
\- myplugin (packaging eclipse-plugin - provided by a homemade plugin).

Both have the relevant plugin defined in their build section with
<extensions>true</extensions>.

If i add the 2 modules in parent in given order, then both get build
correctly. There are no dependencies between the two, so this is also
the order in which they are built.
I get a mysar-1.0-SNAPSHOT.sar and a myplugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (since
the extension for eclipse-plugin is defines as just jar).

When I build both separately, I get the same result.

But when I reverse the order of the modules, the plugin gets extension
eclipse-plugin instead of jar! The sar is built correctly.

I can fix this by moving the maven plugin that defines the
eclipse-plugin lifecycle to parent.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on here ?

Tom

Re: weird issue with custom lifecycle and multiple modules

Posted by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com>.
would you mind generalizing these two projects as much as you need to, then
zipping them up and attaching them to a new issue in:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG

I haven't heard of that one before, but I can say that extension loading is
a somewhat weak point in Maven right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if
this was a bug.

Thanks,

John