Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/31 10:27:57 UTC

Re: List and Maps

Jean,

On 1/31/06, Jean Safar <js...@quartetfs.com> wrote:

> I have a member in my class which is a list or a map let's say. I was looking for a way to setup it up directly through the hivemind registry but can't find that. I would then like to do and add or a put  by providing a service id.
>
> Is it possible right now? Has it been contemplated?
>
> Another point is the fact of being able to construct and pass around Properties objects. Those are native to java and used through code not pertaining to Hivemind and it would be more practical than passing the file location which is the current implementation.

Configuration points in HiveMind are accessible as Lists and Maps
only. If you'd like to use Properties objects you could look into
writing a object provider (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/hivemind/hivemind/ObjectProviders.html).
That would let you construct Properties objects from strings in your
hivemodule.xml. E.g. "properties:/path/to/my.properties".

HTH,

--knut