Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/05/23 15:16:00 UTC

[Ant Wiki] Update of "Ant18/Planning" by JanMatèrne

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JanMatèrne:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Ant18/Planning

The comment on the change is:
Some features written in 1.7.0 planning.

    * Java1.5 environment fetching. Ideally as part of a rework of Execute.getProcessEnv() (if we plan to retrofit commons-exec in source after it stabilizes, maybe we should forego this at present? -MJB)

+   * Add mapper support on archive tasks (zip etc). So you could flatten libraries in WAR/EAR.
+

  == ''Want'' Features ==

@@ -71, +73 @@

   * <propertyfile> in java tasks for loading properties straight from a file.
   * reduce number of outstanding bugzilla ''bugs'' by fixing them or declaring WONTFIX/Invalid.
   * reduce number of outstanding bugzilla ''enhancements'' by implementing some, or closing them off.
-  * include fetch.xml in redist package and integrate w/ maven2 artifacts (done? -MJB)
+  * include fetch.xml in redist package and integrate w/ maven2 artifacts (done? -MJB) Maybe use of Ivy for this.

  === ''Want'' Features Implemented ===

@@ -82, +84 @@

   * security hardening. "locking down...or giving the opportunity to lock down; e.g. secure class loading, working with digital certs, etc..." Rated as 'like' because of the difficulty.
   * Look at all SCM tasks and pull in pending patches for new features. Find people to test them. (I looked at VSS when implementing as antlib (svn sandbox), pulled in as many patches/fixes as I could find in bugzilla - Kev)
   * Lightweight Java1.5 distro without Xerces.
+
+ === From 1.7.0 wontfix: ===
+
+  * <issigned> to do signature checking (identify signatory). fundamentally impossible.
+  * <libraries>: maven2, security. Use Maven2 artifact library instead.
+  * <classloader> to allow adding of jars to the current classloader (would solve a ''lot'' of problems at the cost of some issues)
+    this has been discussed at dev@ant.apache.org - something will be done for ant 1.8.
+  * Java1.5 environment fetching. Ideally as part of a rework of Execute.getProcessEnv() (if we plan to retrofit commons-exec in source after it stabilizes, maybe we should forego this at present? -MJB)
+  * Doc improvements.

  == Testing ==