Posted to dev@concerted.apache.org by Gaurav Shukla <gs...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/18 09:40:07 UTC

How to Start contributing?

Hi,
I want to start contributing to concerted but I am very new to all this
stuff so it would be great if someone here could tell me where to begin.

Also, I am not quite sure how to subscribe to this mailing list (not
subscribe option on incubator page) so will this email subscribe me to
mailing list or do I need to do something else as well.

Re: How to Start contributing?

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Remember that the web site will need to be deployed on Apache infrastructure. I don’t know what facilities Apache provides for “active” web sites. Probably not many. If you want to be “powered by Concerted” you may need to use a secondary web site hosted on say EC2. But the main web site must be at Apache.

See http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html.

Julian

Posted by Gaurav Shukla <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ayrton Gomesz <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gaurav Shukla <gs...@gmail.com>.
@Ayrton

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.
It sounds great!

Posted by Ayrton Gomesz <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Gaurav Shukla <gs...@gmail.com>.
@Ayrton

Posted by Ayrton Gomesz <co...@gmail.com>.
@Attri @Gaurav

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.
It sounds good.

Please refer to Apache Calcite's website for example.

Can you please create a wiki page for documenting our steps for the website
please?

I will add the task to project plan.

Posted by Gaurav Shukla <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.
Thanks for that.

We will eventually look at a potential REST API. The best help you can help
with is the website work please. We urgently need one!

Please let us know what you need to get started on that.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Gaurav Shukla <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I 've created an account on ASF Confluence and username is gshukla66
>
> Will this project have a web based api like elastic search and redis ? if
> yes then I can help with that, apart from that I can help with
> documentation until I feel confident enough to contribute to the codebase.
>
> But for the time being I can surely help document everything and with the
> website if there's supposed to be one.
>
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Gaurav,
> >
> > Welcome to Concerted!
> >
> > We would love to have you contribute to project.
> >
> > Currently we are in process of setting up infrastructure. Once done, we
> can
> > start tracking JIRAs and issues.
> >
> > If you describe bit about your interests and the kind of things you are
> > looking at, we will figure out something you can start off with while our
> > ASF git repository is set up.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Atri
> >
> > On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Gaurav Shukla <gs...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I want to start contributing to concerted but I am very new to all this
> > > stuff so it would be great if someone here could tell me where to
> begin.
> > >
> > > Also, I am not quite sure how to subscribe to this mailing list (not
> > > subscribe option on incubator page) so will this email subscribe me to
> > > mailing list or do I need to do something else as well.
> > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Atri
> > *l'apprenant*