Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Markus <in...@animink.com> on 2006/01/23 22:39:21 UTC

email spam magic trick

Hi all,
Spam Assassin is working perfectly for my friend Jason. Our settings, email
accounts, everything is identical. We have the same domain name at the end of
our addresses, but I get the spam. He has implimented rules in the local.cf
file to mark certain words as spam. I can send him my spam, and it marks it as
spam, with the hit value marked appropriately. He sends it back, and I get it
unmarked, with the hit value very low. This seems to be the case with everyone
else around here, except for Jason's account. We have had these 2 email
accounts for over a year. It seems as if SA is only working on his email
account. Any suggestions?

Re: email spam magic trick

Posted by mouss <us...@free.fr>.
Markus a écrit :
> Hi all,
> Spam Assassin is working perfectly for my friend Jason. Our settings, email
> accounts, everything is identical. We have the same domain name at the end of
> our addresses, but I get the spam. He has implimented rules in the local.cf
> file to mark certain words as spam. I can send him my spam, and it marks it as
> spam, with the hit value marked appropriately. He sends it back, and I get it
> unmarked, with the hit value very low. This seems to be the case with everyone
> else around here, except for Jason's account. We have had these 2 email
> accounts for over a year. It seems as if SA is only working on his email
> account. Any suggestions?

1- does he have rules that you others don't? It is generally recommended
to use some SARE rules (Visit http://www.rulesemporium.com/). make sure
you know why you use any of these (the *0.cf are quite safe).

2- does he use Bayes? Then maybe he retrains his SA correctly but you don't.

3- do you have the correct setting for trusted_networks? If you see spam
with ALL_TRUSTED then you need to fix trusted_networks.

See the wiki for more infos.

Re: email spam magic trick

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Markus" <in...@animink.com>

> Hi all,
> Spam Assassin is working perfectly for my friend Jason. Our settings, email
> accounts, everything is identical. We have the same domain name at the end of
> our addresses, but I get the spam. He has implimented rules in the local.cf
> file to mark certain words as spam. I can send him my spam, and it marks it as
> spam, with the hit value marked appropriately. He sends it back, and I get it
> unmarked, with the hit value very low. This seems to be the case with everyone
> else around here, except for Jason's account. We have had these 2 email
> accounts for over a year. It seems as if SA is only working on his email
> account. Any suggestions?

Only one rude guess given the paucity of information in your post.

Restart spamd.

For more help supply more data.
{^_^}