Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/28 04:14:27 UTC

How to permanently delete one key ?

Hi all,

I use the thrift api to remove one key, and then use the
get_range_slices to get all the keys and find that the key which I
deleted is still there. I refer to the thrift api doc which says
get_range_slices will apply to all the keys including the deleted
keys. So my question is how can I delete one key permanently, my guess
is that cassandra won't delete the key at once just mark the deleted
keys. So when will cassandra do the real deletion operation?

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: How to permanently delete one key ?

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@digg.com>.
On 4/28/10 2:47 AM, Schubert Zhang wrote:
> I think even through the real deletion is done when compaction.
> The get/get_range_slices should not return the deleted-marked keys (or
> columns).
  http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#range_ghosts

=Rob

Re: How to permanently delete one key ?

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.
I think even through the real deletion is done when compaction.
The get/get_range_slices should not return the deleted-marked keys (or
columns).

Schubert

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Lu, it's helpful.