Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Punith S <pu...@cloudbyte.com> on 2014/07/16 09:43:00 UTC

Question regarding Quiesce VM feature in ACS 4.3 wrt XEN hypervisor

hi,

while i was referring the ACS 4.3 doc for VM snapshot,
i see a feature Quiesce VM supported only by vmware hypervisor if the
cloudstack default primary storage is used,
but it also mentions that Quiesce VM can be supported if you are using a
third party primary storage plugin, the quiesce operation is provided by
plugin implementation!

is Quiesce VM is a limitation of  XEN hypervisor or is it not implemented
by xen agent in cloudstack ?

how is third party primary storage plugin related to hypervisor feature ?

--
regards,

punith s
cloudbyte.com

Re: Question regarding Quiesce VM feature in ACS 4.3 wrt XEN hypervisor

Posted by Amit Das <am...@cloudbyte.com>.
thanks Mike. I shall have a look at the implementation details.

Will be looking forward to any documentation if any.

Regards,
Amit
*CloudByte Inc.* <http://www.cloudbyte.com/>

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.