Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/19 20:52:35 UTC

T5 Component library trouble

In a jar in a separate Eclipse probject I have

package us.antera.t5.lib;
import org.apache.tapestry.ioc.Configuration;
import org.apache.tapestry.services.LibraryMapping;

public class LibModule
{
	public static void contributeComponentClassResolver
(Configuration<LibraryMapping> configuration)
    {
        configuration.add(new LibraryMapping("antera", "us.antera.t5.lib"));
    }
}

The implementing class us.antera.t5.lib.components.Style is written
and works find in a Tapestry project if directly included.  The above
module loads (I know by mis-naming it in the manifest file for the jar
and then watching the T5 IoC failure in the T5 project).

I make a jar with the above class and
us.antera.t5.lib.components.Style in it, put it in src/main/resources
in my T5 project, put it on the build path, in a component class I ask
for <style t:type="antera/Style" />, restart the server, and poof:
Unable to resolve component type 'antera/Style' to a component class
name.

What am I doing wrong?

bill

Re: T5 Component library trouble

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I think there's a bug there, since t:type="antera/Style" should work
(or <t:antera.Style>).

On 6/19/07, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Serge!
>
> On 6/19/07, SergeEby <sd...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try <style t:type="antera.Style" />
> > and read the Component Elements section in this document:
> > http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/templates.html
> >
> > /Serge
> >

> > texomaleo wrote:
> > >
> > > In a jar in a separate Eclipse probject I have
> > >
> > > package us.antera.t5.lib;
> > > import org.apache.tapestry.ioc.Configuration;
> > > import org.apache.tapestry.services.LibraryMapping;
> > >
> > > public class LibModule
> > > {
> > >       public static void contributeComponentClassResolver
> > > (Configuration<LibraryMapping> configuration)
> > >     {
> > >         configuration.add(new LibraryMapping("antera",
> > > "us.antera.t5.lib"));
> > >     }
> > > }
> > >
> > > The implementing class us.antera.t5.lib.components.Style is written
> > > and works find in a Tapestry project if directly included.  The above
> > > module loads (I know by mis-naming it in the manifest file for the jar
> > > and then watching the T5 IoC failure in the T5 project).
> > >
> > > I make a jar with the above class and
> > > us.antera.t5.lib.components.Style in it, put it in src/main/resources
> > > in my T5 project, put it on the build path, in a component class I ask
> > > for <style t:type="antera/Style" />, restart the server, and poof:
> > > Unable to resolve component type 'antera/Style' to a component class
> > > name.
> > >
> > > What am I doing wrong?
> > >
> > > bill

Howard M. Lewis Ship