Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Edi <ed...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/13 10:07:53 UTC

Import Validation using wicket

Hello,
I am the newbie.
I have one field. how can i notified whether the entered text is wrong.
for. eg. i have int type texbox. But i entered only string.

in this situation, i have to display "the entered value should be an
integer."

how to identify range between numbers.

Thanks.

Re: Import Validation using wicket

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> I saw that example,
>
> But I am not able to understand fully.
>
> Pls explain.

When you do:

new TextField("foo", model, Integer.class);

then Wicket will check that input can safely be converted to an
integer. With the current version of Wicket, you don't even need to
provide the Integer argument if your model implements
IObjectClassAwareModel (property models for instance do).

Eelco

Re: Import Validation using wicket

Posted by Edi <ed...@yahoo.com>.
I saw that example,