Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Aaron <aa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/03 21:47:00 UTC

Any good URL/write-ups on the various bin/*.sh files & conf files?

Was curious if anyone knew of some decent write-ups on various shell
scripts? Also, curious about master, slaves, gc, tracers, etc conf files.
Main reason I ask is about what .sh to run "where."

For example, have "head" system that is running master/gc/monitor/tracer,
then we have other various nodes running tserver/logger.

1a.  Does every node, including the "head" node need all the conf files the
same...masters/slaves/tracers, etc?

1b. Or does the "master" node only need to know about where the slaves are,
so it uses the slaves file.  And conversely, do the tserver nodes only need
to have a master conf file to put themselves to the master?

2.  I saw someplace not to use tup.sh on the compute/storage nodes...do I
just use start-server.sh to only bring up the logger/tserver..and NOT the
other services?

Basically, there are more questions like this, but, wanted to ask if anyone
out there has some write-ups to I can RTFM first.  Basically, looking for a
little more into the weeds that the Administration/Installation section of
the manual.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Re: Any good URL/write-ups on the various bin/*.sh files & conf files?

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
It is worth noting that the self identification is not perfect. It gathers
a few different identities for itself; including localhost, the output of
hostname, and a non loopback output of ipconfig. However it is possible to
have a machine configured where that is not sufficient so start-all works
but start-here does not.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Yes on both counts.

--