Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Vivek Padmanabhan <pv...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/12/20 08:04:13 UTC

StoreMetadata.storeStatistics

Hi,
 Can someone tell what is the exact use case of  StoreMetadata.storeStatistics(ResourceStatistics stats, String location, Job job) throws IOException;
I am not able to find any reference which is populating stats into ResourceStatistics.

Thanks
Vivek

Re: StoreMetadata.storeStatistics

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
At the moment it is unused.  It was placed there on the belief that someday storage functions like HCatStorer would want to record statistics from Pig when data was being generated.

Alan.