Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bernier, Melanie" <me...@sdm.de> on 2001/08/20 14:22:23 UTC

tomcat and apache jsp execution

Hi!

I just installed tomcat 3.2.3 and I am trying to make it work with Apache.
I followed the step described on the tomcat web site but I'm still not able
to make it work properly.  When I request html or jsp from port 8080,
everything works fine.  When I request html from port 80, again I have no
troubles.  But when I try to access a .jsp from port 80, Apache sends me
back the code of that jsp instead of having it executed by tomcat.

Here is what I added in my httpd.conf:

Include tomcatDirectory/conf/mod-jk.conf-local

LoadModule	jk_module	modules/mod_jk-eapi.so
AddModule	mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile	tomcatDirectory/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile	apacheDirectory/logs/mod_jk.log

JkMount	/*.jsp	ajp13
JkMount	/servlet/*	apj13

The mod-jk.conf-local is the mod-jk.conf-auto generated by tomcat with the
only difference that I changed the reference line to the mod_jk module
because I had a different location than /libexec/mod_jk.so

I added the following in the server.xml:

<Connector classname="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
	<Parameter name="handler"
	value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>
	<Parameter name="port" value="8009"/>
</Connector>

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

	Melanie.

Re: tomcat and apache jsp execution

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
Are you getting anything in the mod_jk log when doing a request?  Another
thing - if you're getting source I might guess that you have
DocumentRoot=tomcatDirectory/webapps/ROOT?  I'm sure that probably can
work, but then you've got two web servers both serving content from one
directory, and it might make it harder to debug...

hth
cheesr
dim