Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Nutan Kaul <nk...@mail.arc.nasa.gov> on 2002/05/15 21:03:03 UTC

Need help creating XML object

Hi,
I am using xindice 1.0 on Unix and trying to build an XML object using the
exaples given in the User's guide.
I have changed the org.apache.xindice.examples.XPathQueryXMLObject.java  to
org.apache.xindice.examples.XPathQueryXMLObjectNK.java and have compiled it
and copied the XPathQueryXMLObjectNK.class file to $XINDICE_HOME/java/lib
The java classpath points to the right jar files.

Now, when I tri to install the xml object, I get 'Can not create xml object"
and subsequently 'duplicate xml object' error.

> xindiceadmin add_xmlobject -i
org.apache.xindice.examples.XPathQueryXMLObjectNK -n NKXpath -c
/db/addressbook
ERROR : XMLObject Cannot Create

>xindiceadmin add_xmlobject -i
org.apache.xindice.examples.XPathQueryXMLObjectNK -n NKXpath -c
/db/addressbook
ERROR : XMLObject Duplicate Object

When I try to delete object, it does not find the object.

Can someone please tell me what is it I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Nutan

Re: Need help creating XML object

Posted by Nutan Kaul <nk...@mail.arc.nasa.gov>.
Hi Dirk,
I am in the dir where my class file is
(org.apache.xindice.examples.XPathQueryXMLObjectNK.class)
but I still can not create the object:

 xindiceadmin add_xmlobject -i
org.apache.xindice.examples.XPathQueryXMLObjectNK -n MyXpath1 -c
/db/addressbook
ERROR : XMLObject Cannot Create

Thanks for your help.
-Nutan