Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Ilkka Priha <ip...@norther.org> on 2006/12/08 08:06:47 UTC

OJB 1.0.5?

Hi

Any chances to get OJB 1.0.5 out in near future, say during 2006? Any
particular topics to test or do to help it out?

-- Ilkka

Re: OJB 1.0.5?

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Ilkka,

Ilkka Priha wrote:
> Hi
>
> Any chances to get OJB 1.0.5 out in near future, say during 2006?

I will check in some minor changes to fix DB specific tests (next days).
Additionally we will switch from Torque to DdlUtils (1.0-rc1, with
-Duse-ddlutils=false Torque can still be used), because DdlUtils
database support is much more better (only with DdlUtils you can run OJB
test-suite against oracle, mysql, maxdb without modification).
After this I will run my final test-cycles against hsql, maxdb, msql,
oracleXE and start with 1.0.5 release vote on dev-list.

> Any
> particular topics to test or do to help it out?

Last weeks I try to optimize performance of OJB. If possible check
performance of latest version from SVN (OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch) against
your own tests. Performance of the upcoming 1.0.5 version should be
better (or the same) than 1.0.4. If I add new performance hot spots or
anti-pattern (compared with 1.0.4) please let me know.

regards,
Armin