Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Hookom, Jacob" <Ja...@redline.mckhboc.com> on 2003/08/06 03:34:25 UTC

Classpath Resolving

I'm running Ant targets for Unit Testing.

One of the steps in the TestCase is to validate an XML file via DTD-- which
is resolving wrong with the ServletTestCase.

When I declare my test case extending junit.framework.TestCase, no problems
arise and the System DTD is located in the same directory as the XML.

But, when I extend ServletTestCase, the DTD location is being resolved back
to the root of project, which is wrong and I get a SAX error with digester's
validation.

I would much apprechiate any hints as to why the DTD is resolving
differently between TestCase and ServletTestCase?

Thanks!
Jacob

RE: Classpath Resolving

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Jacob,

There is no difference between TestCase and ServletTestCase WRT paths
(how could there be?). ServletTestCase simply extends TestCase. I think
the problem comes more from the way you execute the Cactus test cases.
You probably use some Ant task for that and you may be setting the
execution directory to some location different from what you were using
previously.

-Vincent